According to informed sources 18 investigations have been concluded by the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID)on huge corruption cases under the Rajapaksa regime. No action has been taken on 17 cases so far by the AG department.
The FCID has done its duty and now it is a Judicial matter. Corruption at its peak during MRs Regime as summarized hereunder, not dealt by the main media outfits then are:
1. Case No. 474/2015 at Fort M.C. dealing with Hedging Fund and involving A.N.Cabraal, PB Jayasuendra, A de Mel, L.Karunaratne (Rs.200-700 Million )
2. Case No. 24327/2015 at Chief M.C.(3) In the matter of Lanka Hospital shares and connected to G. Rajapakse, Roshini ,Cabraal, N.Godahewa, D.Jayaweera, M. Medihewa, W.Amunugamuwa, D.P.Y. Wijesinghe. (Rs. 600 million)
3. B26907/3/15 at Colombo M.C re Housing deals connected with W.Weerawansa,B.K.J.K.Perera.
4. B/40/2015 at Kaduwella M.C. re Land purchases, involving Mrs. W.Weerawansa, C.S.Ranasinhe.
5. B323/15 in Tangalle M.C. about Carlton Pre-school construction involving State Eng. Corporation Staff (Rs. 35 million)
6. 8674/15 in Pugoda M.C. re Development works, involving B.Rajapakse, N. Thirukumar
7. B22467/1/15 at Colombo Chief M.C. re Money Laundering by M. Aluthgamage (Rs. 3 – 27 million)
8. B22468/1/15 in Colombo Chief M.C. on Wealth acquired of Dr.P.B. Wickrema.
9. B25389/1/15 at Colombo C.M.Court re Money Laundering by G.Senarath.
10. B25166/3/15 at Colombo Ch M.C. Teleshan TV Network with A.Pilapita S.Wickremasinghe, and Sil Reddi with L.Weeratunga and Ven.V.Somananda Thero.
11. B9825/15 at Kaduwela M.C. re CSN Channel involving ITN Directorate & Staff. ( Action taken)
12. B35/15 at Kaduwela M.C. re ownership of Marriot Hotel in Dubai with N.Lokuwitharne and M.Rajapakse ( Rs. 48 to 190 million)
13. B27453/1/15 at Hultsdorf M.C. about Lanka Logistics Arms importing connected to G.Rajapakse, P.B.Jayasundera, Mohan Peiris, J.Wickremasinghe.
14. B/663/15 at Fort M.C. on Bank of Ceylon, Seychelles by M. Rajapakse & family
15. Greek Bonds purchase with names of Cabraal & Rajapakse in Petition Colombo M.C of 15.8.15 involving Rs. 1257 million
16. Sajin Vass Gunewardena in abuse of Public property, at Fort Magistrate Court, remanded since May, 2015. Also at Bribery Com. for questionable Assets.
17. Petition accepted in Supreme Court on 6.8.15 re Vehicle Permits abuse
18. Case No. 50/10 at High Courts, Kandy: Captain Wickremasinghe`s activity in Giritale Army Camp re Torture Chambers – under G. Rajapakse`s directions?