Tamil and Muslim Parties met in Jaffna today (02) and decided to enlist other Parties including Southern progressive forces.
Additionally, the Parties demanded for the following:
- Implementation of the 13th Amendment to the Constitution in full
- The conduct of Provincial Council Elections
- The dismissal of Ven. Gnanasara Thero as the Chair of the One Country One Law Presidential Task Force
- Removal of the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA) along with the release of PTA prisoners
- Halting of land grabs in the North and East of the country
Rauf Hakeem of the Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (SLMC), Mano Ganesan of the Tamil Progressive Alliance (TPA), Selvam Adaikalanathan of the Tamil Eelam Liberation Organization (TELO), Dharmalingam Siddharthan of the Democratic People’s Liberation Front (DPLF), Suresh Premachandran of the Eelam People’s Revolutionary Liberation Front (EPRLF), Srikantha of the Tamil National People’s Front (TNPF) and Prof. Sivapalan representing the Tamil Makkal Kootani (TMK) headed by C.V. Wigneswaran were present at the meeting.