Leader of the opposition Sajith Premadasa, MP on behalf of Samagi Jana Balawegaya submitted a draft 21 amendment to the constitution of Sri Lanka to parliament this morning.
1. Abolishing the Executive Presidency
2.Abolish 20A revert to 19A+
3. Restoration of Constitutional Democracy
4. Restoration of Checks and Balances
5. Strengthening the Tri-Partite System of Governance whilst strengthening the Separation of Powers
6. Restoration of Constitutional Council and abolishing of the name sake Parliamentary Council
7. Restoration of functional Independent Commissions aimed at Good Governance
8. National Security Council be made a part of the Constitution
9. Introducing a ‘Council of State’, with the composition of Professionals, Youth, Civil Society, Entrepreneurs (The citizenry body)
From (Lihini Fernando @LihiniFernando)
Here is the summary of the 21 Amendment.