President Rajapaksa continue his rule by presidential Task Forces and gazettes. He has issued a new gazette notification declaring number of government services essential.
Services provided by any Public Corporation, Government Department, Local Authority, Co-operative Society or any of its branches engaged in providing the services mentioned in the given Schedule as essential services for the operation of aforesaid section while considering that the services provided by any Public Corporation, Government Department, Local Authority, Co-operative Society or any of its branches with respect to services mentioned in the Schedule below are essential for the conduct of ordinary public life and considering the possibility of any hindrances or disruptions in the provision of such services and the fact that Health and Security Services are continuing to provide quarantine and other related services in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as taking into account the facts mentioned in the guidelines issued by the Director General of Health Services on COVID-19 prevention.
By this order any Trade Union action by these sectors become illegal.
The Gazette reads as fellows:
- All services, works or labour of any description carried out or required to be carried out by or in connection with the Sri Lanka Ports Authority established by the Section 3 of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority Act, No. 51 of 1979.
- The supply and distribution of all fuels, including petroleum products and liquefied gas.
- All services, works, labour of any description whatsoever, necessary or required to be carried out in connection with the discharge, carriage, landing, storage, delivery and removal of oil or fuel from vessels within any port, as defined as such, for the purposes of the Customs Ordinance.
- Freight transport by Sri Lanka Railway Department and all public transport services carried out by the Sri Lanka Transport Board for passenger transport.
- Maintenance, security and operational aspects that are essential to carry out such public services in line with service requirements.
- All type of services, works, or labour contributions which should be carried out or required to be carried out by District Secretariats, Divisional Secretariats, Grama Seva Officers, Samurdhi Development Officers, Agricultural Research Assistants including all field level officers of all District and Divisional Secretariats.
- All state banking and insurance services including the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- Waste management services carried out by the Local Authorities.
- All services, works or labour of any description necessary or required to be carried out in connection with supply, storage, distribution and regulatory activities of food, beverages including all other essential consumable items to public which performed by Lanka Sathosa Ltd, Co-operative Wholesale Establishment, Food Commissioner Department, Department of Co-operative Development and Co-operative Societies.
- All services, work or labour of any description to be performed by or required by all government offices under the Provincial Councils.