According to the gazette notification issued by the Minister of Health today any person violators of the gazetted health guidelines will be subject to a fine of not more than Rs. 10,000, with or without a prison sentence of six months, approved by the Judiciary.
Fellowing are the health guidelines included in the gazette:
- Everyone who enters workplaces and business zones must wear a face mask at all times.
- One-metre distance between two persons must be maintained at all times.
- All persons’ temparature must be checked before entering workplaces.
- Adequate hand sanitising facilities with antiseptic liquid must be provided.
- A record of the name, NIC and contact information of each entrant must be maintained.
- The number of employees in the work place must not exceed the maximum number of employees and other persons present.
- The gazette declaration further responds to strengthen new laws relating to specific matters such as quarantine, travel restrictions and transport.
Gazatte notification as a PDF:health guidelines Oct 20