(TamilNet) Citing the posters that appeared in Colombo and in southern parts of the island last week, a notice in Sinhala addressing ‘intelligent students’ of the Jaffna University, invariably accused all shades of Tamil polity in the island and in the diaspora that are not collaborating with the genocidal regime, as working for the division of the ‘country’. The notice also accused Sinhala students and shades of Sinhala Left in the south showing solidarity with the students of the Jaffna University, as unconsciously becoming a “prey to the interests of the LTTE to divide the country.” An English translation of the notice is produced herewith.
The posters and the notice named the main Tamil political parties TNA and TNPF based in the North and East of the island, Inter-University Students’ Federation and Frontline Socialist Party based in the South and all the shades of diaspora activism which the force behind the posters and the notice ‘classify’ as the TGTE, GTF, TCC and Headquarters Group.
The ‘organisation chart’ allegedly produced by SL intelligence and distributed in the island with a Sinhala notice ‘explaining’ the chart
Who finally remain left out by the posters and the notice were the collaborating EPDP that too now subtly sidelined by the regime, the Ankajan Group, a direct part of the regime’s Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) the regime now tries to simulate to impose on Tamils in the North, the TMVP in the East outwitted by the regime and rejected by the people, KP in captivity and the few collaborating individuals operating in the diaspora, who accuse others for ‘interfering’ in the affairs of the island from being in the diaspora but reserve that ‘license’ only to them, Tamil political observers in the island commented.
According to the political observers, the posters and the notice indirectly acknowledge the following:
1. Tamils in the island and in the diaspora overwhelmingly favour their independence.
2. Tamils in the island and in the diaspora are not with the State and regime of Sri Lanka.
3. The State and regime of Sri Lanka is bankrupt in coming out with alternatives that could convince any of the shades of non-collaborating Tamil polity.
4. The war waged in the name of countering ‘LTTE terrorism’ was in fact a war against Tamils getting their liberation.
5. The on-going SL military oppression on Jaffna University students is not because they observed the Heroes Day, but because of the long-term need of militarily erasing out Tamil liberation activism from germinating again even in democratic ways.
6. As the State and regime of Sri Lanka can’t come out with alternatives other than militarily erasing out Tamil aspirations and structurally annihilating the Tamil nation in the island for the unity of the ‘country’ and its ‘prosperity’, it is a crime if any Sinhalese in the South voices against what the State and regime are doing.
The current wave of terror unleashed against Tamil youth in the island by the State and regime of Sri Lanka, as a part of the chain of terror-campaign since the genocidal war, aims at isolating Tamils from their polity by intimidation, and aims at prodding Tamil youth needing security to join the elements and outfits run or promoted by the genocidal State and its abetters, the political observers said, adding that the terror campaign is part of a larger orchestration.
At the height of the current terror campaign, a security analysis team of New Delhi was present in the North and East. When Mr. Sampanthan denounced the LTTE and detracted total withdrawal of the occupying SL military, a key person of a ‘group’ backed by the West in setting agenda on Sri Lanka was tweeting that Sampanthan’s speech reflected an influence of his recent reporting and that was “good to see”, the political observers cited.
Just like the Colombo posters and the notice, the international abetters of genocidal Colombo too are known for mischievously not distinguishing the ‘terrorism’ they saw in the LTTE, which they still ban, and the righteous national liberation aspirations of Eezham Tamils.
The posters and the notice remind all the shades of Tamil national polity in the island and in the diaspora of the need of showing solidarity and unwavering firmness on the fundamentals in presenting Tamil aspirations to the world and to the face of the powers, the Tamil political observers in the island further said.